One of the best things to do when in Tampa or St. Pete Beach!
Take the wheel and become the captain of your very own speed boat with this one of a kind never to be forgotten adventure tour!
Experience the adventure of a lifetime on our Speed Boat Adventure Tour! A guided and narrated tour of the St. Petersburg waterways and Tampa Bay…with a twist. You get to drive, navigate and captain your own speedboat for the entirety of the tour while following our trained guides and experience the best of both worlds – the THRILL of driving your own speedboat, and the safety of having a skilled guide introduce you to the beauty of the St Petersburg waterways and Tampa Bay. The witty yet historical narration is done through a radio communication system mounted in each boat. Spot dolphin, sea turtles, manatee, sea birds, and more. Fun for the whole family!
*Price Per Person based on double occupancy plus marina fee, fuel surcharge, and Florida Sales Tax
Drive your own speed boat
Driving our 13 foot mini speed boats is exhilarating as well as easy and suitable for first time boaters.
*NO EXPERIENCE OR BOATING LICENSE REQUIRED*
- Your boat is very safe, stable, and comfortable.
- Our boats are equipped with all the necessary coast guard approved safety equipment.
- Each boat can carry up to 3 persons (max 475 lbs.) and is powered by a super-quiet, eco friendly 30 horsepower outboard motor.
- Easy to drive! You will be sitting in a comfortable cushioned seat. You steer the wheel just like a car, and have a throttle on your side with 3 positions (forward, neutral, reverse) You can cruise slow or as fast as a jetski.
- Our boats do have a storage compartment but bags can get wet so beware.
Yes, there is a weight limit per boat of approximately 475 lbs. Typically up to two adults and a small child to sit in the middle.
You must be 18 years or older to drive a boat by yourself.
Part of the fun at Speed Boat Adventure Tours is that, at times, we will be riding in open water. Although usually calm, the bay can be choppy at times.*We do not recommend guest with neck or back problems or a recent surgery to participate. Pregnant women should not participate.*
1. Wear what you would to the beach depending on the temperature (swimsuit in the summer and a jacket in the winter )
2. Sandals or flip-flops
3. A towel
4. Sun block
Absolutely! We will stop several times during the tour and you can switch drivers if you like
If we have another single on your tour then we will pair you together and you can make a new friend (or love connection). If not then you get the boat to yourself?
No problem! Our boats are very simply to operate and we will make sure you are fully comfortable with the operation before we leave the dock.